Beside its wealth of historical sites (as you can see at our Berlin Gallery), Berlin is also the worlds capital city of Currywurst as well as the cradle of Doner Kebup (which has been invented by the fellow Turkish man from Berlin Kreuzberg).
Some facts that are nice to know about Berlin:
- Get yourself a Berlin welcome card. You’ll enjoy a discount at most museums as well as public transportation free of charge with it.
- The traffic lights are different in the eastern and western part of the city.
- The following sites are all in walking distance from each other: Reichstag, Brandenburger Tor, Jewish memorial site and Potzdamer Platz.
- Though reasonable priced, the hotels around Alexander square aren’t the optimal starting position for a drinking spree in Berlin.
- Döner Kebap past midnight causes stomach problems instead of preventing them. If your remember Gizmo, you can certainly imagine what happens.
- If you’re planning to enter the Reichstag, set an appointment at least one month in advance.
- If you take the TXL Bus to the airport, enter it at Alexander station – its’ overcrowded at any other station. Be warned, these buses are totally overcrowded!
- 25 Years after the Berlin Wall felt they built the WMall of Berlin – well, it looks like they really miss there Wall-thing.
- A beer (0.33L) amongst comrades at “Altberliner Bierstube” (eastern part of Berlin) for 1.50 Euro was a mind-blowing experience! This price is kinda unimaginable in 2014.
Two great, awesome, must see places every tourist must visit:
- Currywurst Museum
- Video Games Museum
Some more must sees (take a look at our gallery to see some pictures):
- East-side gallery
- Victoria Column
- Brandenburger Tor
- Berlin TV Tower
- The memorial site of the murdered Jewish fellows men.
- The hop-on hop-off tours are nice too.
Two tourist Traps:
- Pizza Touristica – i.e. any Pizza with currywurst topping!
- KaDeWe (KAufhaus DEs WEstens)
A must, MUST eat (i.e. a living proof of gods existence) in Berlin:
Two great place for meat lovers, though equally aweful for vegetarians:
- The Las Malvinos Steakhouse.
- Blockhaus (a Steakhouse chain)
Our recommendation for a shopping spree:
- Mall of Berlin
A tourist trap:
- Checkpoint Charly and the four checkpoint charly museums around it.
And finally the best Irish pub in Berlin:
In case you wanna see some more pictures, take a look at our Berlin gallery here. We hope you enjoyed our short Berlin traveling guide and would appreciate it if you share it now using the buttons below. Thank you!